Guidelines on Filing with the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA)
- Include all contact information (name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and if available, fax number) on all filings of new cases, such as Notices of Appeal.
- Include the assigned judge’s name and CBCA case number on all filings.
- Submit filings by e-file, mail, overnight delivery, courier delivery or facsimile. The Board’s address for each method of filing is:
- [For e-file]
- [Only for U.S. Postal Service Mail]
- 1800 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20405
- [Only for Overnight or Courier Delivery]
- 1800 M Street, NW, Room 600 South, Washington, DC 20036
- [For facsimile]
- 1(202) 606-0019
The Office of the Clerk is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for receipt of all filings.
- Use only one method to submit filings. For example, if submitting a filing via e-file, do not submit same filing via mail.
- Ensure an electronic receipt for e-filings by requesting a read receipt before submitting your e-file. Contact the Clerk’s Office for confirmation of filings submitted via facsimile. The telephone number of the Clerk’s Office is (202) 606-8800.
- Submit each e-filing as one .pdf document (including attachments/exhibits), if possible. Identify attachments or exhibits with either alphabetical or numbered sheets of paper at the beginning of the attachment/exhibit. Break an e-filing into separate e-filings and label each as __ of __, if the e-filing exceeds the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals’ size limit of 18MB.
- Do not e-file appeal files and supplements to appeal files. Submit an appeal file in paper unless authorized by the assigned judge to submit it in electronic format (e.g., CDs or thumb drives).
- Contact the assigned judge or the judge’s assistant with any questions regarding a particular case.
For more details on rules for filing with the CBCA, visit the Rule of Procedure page.