Summer Law Clerk Opportunity — Summer 2019
The Civilian Board of Contract Appeals employs as Law Clerks a select few high-quality law students during the Summer. Summer Law Clerks assist Board Judges by conducting legal research, drafting legal memoranda, preparing analyses of facts, assisting in the preparation of orders and decisions, attending hearings and taking part in mediations.
- Multiple vacancies: Washington, DC
- Summer clerkships are full-time for 10 weeks beginning in May and ending in August. Split or partial clerkships are not allowed.
- Theses positions are to be paid at the GS-0904-07 ($45,972 per annum) level, subject to appropriations.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- The Board seeks law students with a desire to learn about the substantive and procedural areas in which the Board operates.
- No specific courses are required for selection, but government contracts courses are helpful.
- Successful applicants will demonstrate strong analytical and writing skills.
- Law Clerks must be proficient with both traditional legal research and online legal research tools, such as Westlaw.
An application package must include the following:
- Cover letter stating your reason for seeking a Summer Law Clerk position with the CBCA, and your relevant academic and other qualifications;
- Law school transcript (need not be official); and
- A legal writing sample no longer than 10 double-spaced pages.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit their application materials by e-mail to email@example.com. Please put your name in the subject line of your e-mail message. Application materials MUST be in .pdf format only. Applications received in
formats other than .pdf (e.g., .doc or .docx) will not be opened and will be deleted without consideration.
The Board will accept 2L applications for Summer 2019 positions from August 15, 2018 until October 31, 2018.
The Board will accept applications from 1Ls for Summer 2019 positions between December 15, 2018 and February 15, 2019.
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the final day of the application period.
If an application is received outside of the time period noted above, it will not be opened and will be deleted without further consideration.
- The Board will evaluate all complete applications received by the deadline.
- The most highly qualified applicants will be invited to an interview with one or more Board Judges, either in person or by telephone.
- Applicants will be notified, usually within two weeks of the date of their interview, whether they have been selected.
- Applicants who are not selected will be notified within two to three weeks.
For More Information
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer